The world through the eyes of a Bong!

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


I experienced my first snow in Kista, Stockholm in 2014. I still remember the late November day. Back then I was a first year Masters student. As we were just done with a lecture, we came out of the lecture hall and were still standing in the corridor discussing what we had just learnt. Suddenly I looked outside the glass window and could see snowflakes falling! The flakes were light enough to float in the air but heavy enough to get pulled by the earth. As there wasn't any wind, the flakes reached the earth dancing in the cold and heavy November breeze. For a moment, I thought they were blessings sent from heaven slowly showered on mother earth.


The neighborhood of Kista was very calm and peaceful in spite of the place hosting the headquarters of Ericsson and various other companies. As I look back and reminisce, I could only recall calm, smiling and friendly people, houses painted in soothing colors and very clean, well-maintained backyards. As I went on a walk that afternoon with my wife, we could see cars covered in inches of fresh snow and fairytale backyards. The winter-ready deciduous trees, devoid of leaves, were holding up handful of snow to welcome us to the winter wonderland.

We walked a bit further to reach the Igelbäcken valley. The drainage area of Igelbäcken stream is part of the Royal National City Park and is divided into several nature reserves. We often went to this place for jogging and running and would encounter rabbits, deer and farm horses. The freshly fallen powdery snow had taken this place to a different dimension. The trees and shrubs were all white and the place was so silent that we could only hear our breathing. It was a very peaceful experience to be cherished forever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib